Join the Discussion!
Register or Log in to post a Comment. Subscribe to be notified of new posts.
- Callin’ out around the world … Support for the American people grows overseas Wednesday, 3 June, 2020
- Maybe Frustrated Progressives Should Look to the Republican Party Wednesday, 22 April, 2020
- Why Trump is NOT “The Most Dangerous President” Sunday, 19 April, 2020
- What Kind of Socialism Will We Have? Wednesday, 8 April, 2020
- The Speech Bernie Needs to Give – NOW Friday, 13 March, 2020
- Anti-Bernie Smear #28: “Bernie Will Hurt Democrats Running Down Ballot” Tuesday, 25 February, 2020
- Anti-Bernie Smear #25: “Bernie wants to let prisoners vote – even the Boston Bomber!” Monday, 3 February, 2020
- Anti-Bernie Smear #26: “Bernie is like Trump and/or his supporters are just like Trump’s” Sunday, 2 February, 2020
- Anti-Bernie Smear #27: “Bernie is a Communist, He Honeymooned in the USSR!” Sunday, 2 February, 2020
- Forget “Bernie Or Bust” – When it Comes to Climate Change, it’s “Bernie Or BURN” Friday, 31 January, 2020
Search by Category
Search by Date
Follow me on Twitter!
Category Archives: Culture
So now we find out that the Texas hospital that hosted the first Ebola case diagnosed in the USA was woefully ill-equipped to handle the disease. The fact that the Liberian man who showed up at the hospital was (a) … Continue reading
Ray Rice, the NFL football player who is now being persecuted for beating a woman unconscious in an Atlantic City Casino elevator, probably thought he was going to get away with it. The security video that first propelled him into … Continue reading
I have been watching trends in the US for some time. Macro-trends, if you will. And in Ferguson I see the confluence of three trends: on one hand, poverty and income inequality, on the other hand, militarised police with armoured … Continue reading
In “Bowling for Columbine“, Michael Moore made the case that the number of guns and the availability of guns is not causal in the number of gun deaths, There are plenty of examples where a country has as many if … Continue reading
One of the first things that one notices in Barcelona is the public cleaning and care-taking of the city. Throughout the city, throughout the day and night, an army of cleaners, clad in green and yellow hi-visibility uniforms, patrol the … Continue reading
Maybe I have watched too many Frank Capra movies, but I think everyone in that 99% sees themselves as Jimmy Stuart or Gary Cooper struggling against some Lionel Barrymore character. Maybe things have become that desperate. Maybe there will be a movement, maybe people will come together, and maybe America will change direction. Continue reading